ISO 9001 certificationQuality Management System (ISO 9001) in Hotel Industry
ISO 9001 is the most common worldwide standard describes internationally accepted standards of Quality Service Management Systems. To upgrade services and improve the competitiveness of the hotel business it is now necessary to apply the Quality Standard ISO 9001: 2008, to make a general reference to the concept of quality and in particular to what defined quality in the hotel - tourist product.
The development and implementation of a Quality Management System in hotels according to ISO 9001 is proof of the organization's effort to increase customer satisfaction, including processes for continual improvement and ensure compliance with customer requirements.
The management of these processes and the management of interconnections between them can be called Process Management (Process Management). ISO 9001 proposes and presents an interface model of the processes as described in the claims. The client plays a critical role as the requirements (customer requirements) are the sole input (input) in the Quality Management System. Also, the result of processes (output) is evaluated by the evaluation information regarding customer satisfaction (customer satisfaction).
The implementation (production, delivery) of goods and services via the four general processes of ISO 9001: 2008:
- Responsibilities of Management - Management Responsibilities
- Resource Management - Resource Management
- Product Realization - Product Realization
- Measurement, analysis and improvement - Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
The benefits of implementing a Quality Management System according to ISO 9001 are:
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Creating competitive advantage
- Improving business performance
- The investment attraction
- Improving the image of the organization
- The reduction in operating costs and savings
- Encouraging internal communication
- Increased staff satisfaction and greater ownership
The certification of a Quality Management System under ISO 9001 is not compulsory for the Classification of Hotels or Rentals-Furnished Rooms and Apartments in its respective category (stars/keys).
However, the application of such a System (along with its subsequent certification) leads to the fulfillment of the respective Optional Criterion for both categories (Hotels and Rentals-Furnished Rooms and Apartments).
*We emphasize on the fact that the certification of the company with ISO 9001, boosts the total rating by 100 points (Hotels) or 150 points (Rentals-Furnished Rooms and Apartments).Interest Form